Point to point (P2P) layer 2 (L2) Ethernet service providing bandwidth options of 2-600Mbps on Quality of Service (QoS) enabled shared infrastructure (Metro Ethernet).
Ethernet Express is a point to point (P2P) layer 2 (L2) Ethernet service providing bandwidth options of 2-600Mbps on Quality of Service (QoS) enabled shared infrastructure (Metro Ethernet).
An Example of Ethernet Express
- National connectivity.
- Ethernet Express is a point-to-point (P2P) layer 2 product providing connectivity over the ME network.
- Symmetrical service providing bandwidth options of 2-600Mbps.
- Available only to fibre connected sites.
- Standardised Access Pricing for access less than 5km to the nearest ME enabled exchange.
- For access more than 5km to the nearest ME enabled exchange the feasibility process will be followed.
- Available only in ME footprint (225 exchanges).
Bandwidth will be available via a Gig E interface and can be offered and increased with the following increments:
2Mbps – 124Mbps: increments of 1Mbps
125Mbps – 600Mbps: increments of 5Mbps
- Telkom managed TCE (ALU 7210 SAS-E), with service delivered on either electrical or optical ports.
- Only a Silver (Availability) SLA is offered.
Benefits to Customer
- Metro Ethernet meshed network, providing redundancy in the core.
- Customers will have a single virtual connection or Layer 2 VLL between their sites to differentiate traffic from other customer’s traffic.
- A Layer 2 VLL provides transparent connectivity between the customer’s end-points and enables privacy and security of data.
- Layer 2 VLL makes the ME network look like an extension of the customer LAN.
- Ethernet Express offers higher bandwidth options from 2 Mbps up to 600 Mbps per TCE and up to 100 Mbps for Real Time.
- Ethernet Express interface is relatively inexpensive and bandwidth can be added in small increments therefore you pay for only what you need.
- The more bandwidth purchased, the greater the economies of scale.
Key Business Rules
- The Ethernet Express service is only offered to customer sites where the necessary Metro Ethernet (ME) infrastructure is available (i.e. ME enabled exchanges).
- If the distance is less or equal to 5 (five) km, then the customer will be charged the standard prices for Ethernet Express Access and no technical and financial feasibility will be done. These standard prices will be included in the proposal to the customer.
- Should the distance exceed the 5km distance, the BSC should send the signed CRD to SDPM for feasibility and the cost of this feasibility will form part of the Total Solution Price and will be indicated in the proposal.